Paint Therapy

First of all Thank You for your sweet comforting words and prayers. This blog started as just a way to show my projects but it has become much more personal. I never expected to make friendships here but what a sweet blessing it is to have support from around the world.


Thank you!
Painting and decorating is good therapy for me. When I can't change what is going on in my life then I start changing my house decor. It helps me focus my energy and makes me feel like I actually have control of something.

The foyer walls were in need of some touch up paint. A lot of dirty hand prints and shoe scuffs were showing up. A darker color in a foyer and staircase works better for my busy family of boys. So the walls went darker in Artichoke by Valspar (Lowe's). (more photos to come - dark day here in VA)
Lowe's is offering a coupon for a free 8 oz. paint sample. I got the coupon out of one of my magazines.You can get yours by requesting a coupon on Valspar's Facebook page HERE.

The only coupon I think I have ever remembered to take with me lead me to --- falling in love with this red color. It's not a mixed color but one to use as a base for a mixed color. (?)
With two 8 oz. samples of Valspar Red Base I was able to coat my door in the happiest red I have ever seen. It looks so fun from the curb.

Before....
The grey/green that I chose earlier wasn't doing much for the curb appeal.
The 5-1-9 is printed from my Cricut on sticky vinyl. I like the little hello that was there before but I felt like numbers would be better since I put these words out there....
Did you notice my no soliciting sign? I made that yesterday after a sales person tried to sell us meat. I guess he missed the community no soliciting sign as he entered the neighborhood. Door to door sales seems so old fashioned and a little bit unsafe. Unless it's a fundraiser for kids - I don't want it.

Well....Brighter days are on their way and I will be ready to greet them with a brighter front door.

Thank you all again for your sweet comments about my Grandma's passing.

Enjoy your weekend!

xoxoxo,





P.S. - I need reading glasses. I have been misspelling words like crazy. Apologies!

17 comments :

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love the red door. What a great pop of color. Yes, I won't even answer the door if a salesman shows up.

Michelle James said...

I have been looking for the perfect red for my front door and may have just found it! Beautiful!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I do not like salesman at the door either :( I love to paint...I agree it can be good therapy! I am going to night to get some paint samples to paint my front door :)

Patty Wiles said...

Loving the Red Door Holly!! :)

Nancy's Notes said...

Wow, what a fabulous red door! It's the perfect red, it makes a grand statement and I'm just crazy about it! Okay...I want a red door!

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

Now that says welcome!!! LUV it. We have always had a red door. NOT sure why this one is still builder white. I agree... such curb appeal with a bright red door. Thanks for the reminder to use my coupon. Been meaning to stick it in my purse.
Happy weekend Holly.
BIG hugs, Gee

Cozy Little House said...

You know I love red! Decorating is therapy for me, just like gardening. This community we have is a wonderful place indeed!
Brenda

NanaDiana said...

Hey- At least you didn't misspell misspelling! I am glad you are feeling a bit brighter about things. Sometimes it you just need to jump back into life and make yourself go forward. I discovered that when my brother passed away. You just push past the pain and GO.

Blessings- I hope you have a great rest of the weekend, Holly- xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

Hey- At least you didn't misspell misspelling! I am glad you are feeling a bit brighter about things. Sometimes it you just need to jump back into life and make yourself go forward. I discovered that when my brother passed away. You just push past the pain and GO.

Blessings- I hope you have a great rest of the weekend, Holly- xo Diana

A Primitive Homestead said...

I use this paint for many projects and really like it. Color changes have become a way of therapy for me while trying to deal with a great loss. Thanks for the coupon info.

Leslie Harris said...

What a happy color! I can see why you chose it.

Susan Homeroad said...

Great happy color and I'm inspired to make that sign for our house... hate solicitors! (did I spell that right LOL)
Susan

Lori Rowe said...

Love the red door! It looks fabulous! Love the "no soliciting" sign too! I'm so sorry about your grandma. Blessings to you.
Lori

Kelly said...

I love red doors on homes. It really calls attention to the front entrance. We once had a neighbor that had a white house with black shutters and a red front door. I always loved it. Then they moved and the new owners painted over that red door! I gasped! It has never good since. Love how you added numbers to your door too.

Katie Mansfield said...

Red doors are so classic and fun. I'm glad you're feeling a little better. I paint and decorate to keep my mind off of stuff. So blessed to have met you in blogland, Holly. I can't wait to see the foyer.

Luanne said...

I absolutely love the red door.
Nothing says hello better than a bright red door. It draws the eye right in. Love the numbers on the door, I have to steal that idea and try it on mine. I live in condo complex and my neighbor's visiting guests seem to end up at my door. Maybe adding a number will help with their confusion ;o}

Pendra said...

Spring is just about "Sprung". We are still getting snow too. We had an inch yesterday and believe it or not, we are under a Winter Storm Watch Thursday through Friday... will it ever end????? Love the fresh front door, I soooo wish I had a beautiful porch like yours! Keep smiling hon, time and lots of paint therapy will help!
Hugs,
Pendra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...