May 5, 2014

Add Painted Letters to an Old Window

Our mantel has an enormous hole above it to fit an old fashioned TV. I covered it up with a large window that you may view in this post. Recently my beautiful horse canvas has been featured there in front of the window but I felt like doing something to the window itself.

There are a lot of options for a plain white grid background but I go for the easiest thing...
painting random letters in a gray color by using a stencil.
Not painted too perfectly either.
When I decorate with numbers or letters I get so many questions about what they mean - NOTHING, they mean nothing at all. :)
The whole alphabet would look too much like a school classroom (although cute for a playroom idea) and there were not enough panes of glass to fit all those letters anyway.
It reminds me of an eye testing chart. I need the DMV to get one in this size so I can renew my drivers license. My eyes are so slow to focus --- aaack!
I haven't updated my license since we moved (almost two years ago). But the DMV is the last place I want to kill a day. I'd rather be more productive at home making crafts, painting and reading blogs.

I hope your week is going a bit better than mine is.
(I don't spill much personal negativity out onto you sweet readers but boy, sometimes.....)

I'm smiling anyway!
Sharing my project with Knick of Time Tuesday

14 comments :

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love it and the way you randomly placed the letters.

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

:) Luv it Holly.
Sigh... but you finished yours. I have a few in the process...
Hugs, Gee

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Holly,
This is a really neat look you have here and I hope you have a better day.

Blessings,
Linda

Debbiedoos said...

Very cool Holly. I love old windows and have done a few. The random letters are neat!

C.D. Loken said...

I love old windows and this is such a creative way to give them new life! I hope your week gets better-keep smiling!

Susan Lloyd said...

got to dmv here; Chesterfield : Customer Service Center

610 Johnston Willis Drive, Richmond, VA 23236-3949

Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

it is really quick. and if you go here first, http://www.dmv.state.va.us/DMVLocator/dmv.aspx?LocationType=C, it will tell you how long the wait is. right now at 12:20 it is a 13 minute wait and that is at lunchtime.

Luanne said...

Love what you did to the window! Hoping your week gets better soon. xoxo

Kelly said...

That looks so cute! I like typography in a home anyway. I like how you put the letters in order and skipped some of them.

lynn said...

love that big window and the letters look great, holly!

Christine Vandormolen said...

GORGEOUS Holly.....super cute idea!!!

Inspire Me Heather said...

That looks great Holly! I like that you just did some of the alphabet and not all. Too bad you have to waste a day at the DMV!

Fred Hutchinson said...

The positioning of those letters gives the house such a great look. Did you buy those letters as cut outs or did you make them yourself? Send me the link to where you bought those! Thanks!
Fred Hutchinson | http://www.dallasframearts.com/main/services.htm

Angela Ryder said...

I love it and the fact that the letters represent absolutely nothing!!! I always think I have to say something with my letters but I realize now, I don't!! Thanks and Happy Mother's Day!~~Angela

Katie Mansfield said...

I'm with Kelly. I like how you skipped some of the letters.
You are allowed to spill some negativity if you want. We can handle it.
I had a police officer repeatedly ask me if I had just moved. I think he was trying to get me to say yes, so my license was not so out of date. I did get a ticket but not for that. ;) Speeding is my problem.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...