May 10, 2014

Get More From My Blog & Beige

I had some big plans to make over our beige family room this week. Once I cleared the whole space and got working on it, I was interrupted and my energy to finish was deflated.

I ended up putting all the (beige) furnishings back where they were, pretty much.
Except for this wall. I placed the TV on a coffee table instead of hauling in the foyer table and reconnecting all the wires through the old window backdrop...etc. I don't like seeing cords and electronics so at least when some sort of inspiration strikes again, it will be much easier to move all that junk (that is so called a "wireless system").
Somebody keeps posing for us so I will let her in on this story even though she is out of focus. (Mazi is showing off another bad hair cut, I guess!)
The little basket to the right by the spool table is Mazi's "toy box". It's like picking up after a toddler when she decides to play with every single toy at once.
If you like this room, see other articles and photos of how it has transformed in the following links posted in red.


Or you can click the label Family Room to the right of your screen...
Let me tell you about that "label section" because unless you are a blogger, you may think it's just a jumble of words with numbers in parenthesis.
You can get way more from my blog by knowing just a few tips! Remember that in my right sidebar there is a Labels section that lists all my projects, posts and decorating stories all organized under what we call "labels" or categories. When you click on a particular "label" my site will bring up all posts with that label for example Kid Spaces, Recycled Decor, Tutorials and many more. When your mouse/cursor hovers over a word and the word italicizes or changes color - that means it is a link to take you to more about that item or subject - so click it for more ideas and inspiration. You won't lose the page you are reading because they open in a new page for your convenience. If you lose it just click on your back button in the right hand corner of your task bar. I usually try to highlight links in red inside each post or story but sometimes I forget.
Also, there are certain categories or labels that are especially unique and popular here on this blog so I made them extra easy to find by posting circle shaped photos in my sidebar (like the above and below pics) You can't miss them so click on one to take you to more about that category. The titles are above the photos just in case the picture doesn't speak for itself.
If you don't blog, you should know that blogging is a lot of work and takes a lot of valuable time. Although I have a few "ads" in places either inside articles or at the top and sides of your screen - us bloggers don't make much money from them. Darn it! To make sure that my previous work doesn't go to waste, or get missed.... you can find out what Down to Earth Style offers by using these tips - because I think it is worth a read. I hope you will explore a little more and see what I have been working on since September of 2011. (ad below)



PLUS....at the very top of your screen under my logo I have pages listed horizontally across the top in bold lettering (not red) that are also links. 
Each word you click on will take you to a page that stays there and gets updated through the life of my blog.
I hope this helps you navigate around and helps you be inspired in finding ways to make your own space spectacular and unique, because I do have a lot of experience (my husband can vouch for that). It seems everybody is a DIY blogger anymore, but I keep up my blog because I like to share my secret techniques and easy updates. These tips on reading my blog should help you on other blogs, too.
(this is our bedroom at our home in CT)
Thanks for stopping by today and you are always welcome to stay the whole day - click around and see what else I have to show off.
(my most popular post - using petroleum jelly to create a chippy paint look)
I am not the show off actually - Mazi is (the Morkie puppy, or as my family of boys say "Dorkie" puppy). She's been self-promoted as our mascot on this blog. I'm just a crazy DIY-er among other things - mother of twins, wife, maid, cook, friend, aunt, sister, daughter, free spirit etc. etc. etc. etc.)
If you are new here - this is me
 
If you would like to contact me and don't know how to leave a message at the bottom of my posts then you can email me at downtoearthstyle2012@gmaildotcom or visit my Facebook page HERE.
Thank you for your visit and do come again!

9 comments :

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Don't you hate all the stupid electronics cords! they are such a pain! In the house we've been renting they put the cable outlets in the weirdest spots and I'm always having to try to get creative at hiding the cords. Luckily things are better in the new house. Your TV looks great on the coffee table. I love your horse print so much! I thik I would find myself staring at it instead of the TV. :)

Gigi Harlan said...

I like your beige room. The details you have added gives it plenty of charm and the cute little dog adds a lot too!

Gigi @ Old World Patina

Christine Vandormolen said...

testing..Holly are you getting this?

Jeanette@Creating A Life said...

I love your style, Holly! Great "navigation" tips :) Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

Jeanette

Donna L said...

Looks great Holly! I was wondering how your neighbors project is coming along? I really liked the island you were working on for them :)

lynn said...

great tips, holly! happy mother's day!!

Julie said...

Thank you for the tips about your blog Holly. Although I dont comment very often, I always enjoy stopping by for a read of your posts & the tips you offer & sometimes I go looking for help on a particular painting project on your blog. So thanks SO much for all that you share. AND I do love the odd pics of little Mazi that you pop in. Julie x0x

Christine Vandormolen said...

love it all....the little sofa table actually looks great for a TV cabinet as well...Have a wonderful M-day!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Thanks for reminding me of all your great posts--sometimes it is nice to go back and read again. Mazi looks so cute! You can just see her personality in the pictures :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...